- Board & Staff
- Whitefish Range Partnership Archive
- Celebrating 50-Years of Wilderness
- Kootenai National Forest Planning
- Newsletter Archive
- Our Comments on Public Issues
- Roland Cheek Writes!
- Dr. John L. Weaver "Wildlife Connectivity in the Crown"
- Resources & Links
- Media & Miscellaneous Archives
- Legislation and Government Action
- Photo Archive
- Jack Potter Award
You are here
Resources & Links
Headwaters Montana works cooperatively with communities, other organizations, and volunteers to build success.
We work most closely with the Flathead Wild Campaign as a core member. Flathead Wild is an international campaign to save the Wildest Valley in the Lower '48 ~ the North Fork Flathead River. Please join Friends of the Flathead.
Related Links & Resources
- Flathead Wild Campaign
- Friends of the Flathead
- The Roundtable on the Crown of the Continent
- Crown of the Continent Ecosystem Education Cooperative (COCEEC)
- Flathead Land Trust
- Citizens For A Better Flathead
- Montana Land Reliance
- The Nature Conservancy in Montana
- American Bird Conservancy in Montana
- Montana Environmental Information Center
- Montana Conservation Voters
- HAUER and SEXTON Water Quality and Aquatic Life Use Final Report
- HAUER and SEXTON Water Quality Report 2013 FINAL Appendix A-D.pdf
- PreparedHeadwaters Montana Official Comments on the Kootenai Forest Draft Management Plan - Dated March 30, 2012
- Weaver, John L. 2011. Conservation VALUE OF ROADLESS AREAS FOR VULNERABLE FISH AND Wildlife Species in the Crown of the Continent Ecosystem, Montana. Wildlife Conservation Society, WORKING PAPER NO. 40 APRIL 2011.
- Proctor et. al, 2012. "Population Fragmentation and Inter-EcosystemMovements of Grizzly Bears in Western Canada and the Northern United States"
- The B.C. - Montana MOU 2/18/2010
- Waterton Mission Report Final
- 1982 USFW Biological Opinion N. Fork Road Paving
- 1980 USFWS Biological Opinion N. Fork Road Paving
Complimentary Headwaters Hat Donate $100 or more to receive one of these hats to show your support for conservation in the Flathead! ~ Thank You!
Traditional Ball Cap Flat-Head Ball Cap (Click images to enlarge!)
Have A Wilderness Story to Tell?
The Wilderness Act of 1964 marks its 50th birthday on September 20, 2014. Headwaters Montana has joined other northwest Montana voices in recognizing and celebrating this important milestone. We will present here interviews and stories from across the region from people who - like you - value our congressionally protected wilderness legacy. If you have a special story to share about wilderness, please submit your letter (500 words or less, please) here. If space and time permits we will post your story on our website and share it with the Montana wilderness community. We're sure you'll find these stories interesting and compelling.
Mark Your Calendar! The 50th Wilderness birthday party is planned for September 20, 2014, at the Flathead County Fairgrounds. Plan on attending. It will be a WILD time!