- Board & Staff
- Whitefish Range Partnership Archive
- Celebrating 50-Years of Wilderness
- Kootenai National Forest Planning
- Newsletter Archive
- Our Comments on Public Issues
- Roland Cheek Writes!
- Dr. John L. Weaver "Wildlife Connectivity in the Crown"
- Resources & Links
- Media & Miscellaneous Archives
- Legislation and Government Action
- Photo Archive
- Jack Potter Award
You are here
Media & Miscellaneous Archives
Photo Credit: Joel Sartore/NGS Stock
Follow these links upstream to more information about Headwaters Montana and our activities!
- Headwaters Montana in the News
- February 28, 2011:Montana Officials Want Company to Retire Energy Leases in Flathead Watershed
- February 26, 2011: Oklahoma Company Still Owns 74 Leases in the Flathead
- February 16, 2010:B.C. Mining Reversal Years in the Making
- June 23, 2010: North Fork Mining Ban Deadline in Doubt
- August 26, 2009: Are North Fork Oil Leases Hindering Montana's Transboundary Argument?
- Press Releases & Letters to the Editor
- February 17, 2010: Protecting the North Fork Must Be a Team Effort
- August 19, 2010: Partnering to Protect the Transboundary Flathead Area
- December 16, 2009: “Don't Go for Gold,” Conservation Groups Tell B.C. Government
- September 27, 2009: Tester's Forest Bill Is Both Courageous and Timely
- June 1, 2009: Flathead Coalition says BP's Science Seriously Flawed
- May 16, 2009: Wilderness Conference Calls for Protecting Wild Lands
- April 13, 2009: Northwest Montana Conservationist Call for Wilderness
- June 26, 2008: BP Shouldn't Complain About "Barriers to Access"
- November 19, 2007: Legal Expert Says Montana Should Have Input on Canadian Mining, Drilling
Complimentary Headwaters Hat Donate $100 or more to receive one of these hats to show your support for conservation in the Flathead! ~ Thank You!
Traditional Ball Cap Flat-Head Ball Cap (Click images to enlarge!)
Have A Wilderness Story to Tell?
The Wilderness Act of 1964 marks its 50th birthday on September 20, 2014. Headwaters Montana has joined other northwest Montana voices in recognizing and celebrating this important milestone. We will present here interviews and stories from across the region from people who - like you - value our congressionally protected wilderness legacy. If you have a special story to share about wilderness, please submit your letter (500 words or less, please) here. If space and time permits we will post your story on our website and share it with the Montana wilderness community. We're sure you'll find these stories interesting and compelling.
Mark Your Calendar! The 50th Wilderness birthday party is planned for September 20, 2014, at the Flathead County Fairgrounds. Plan on attending. It will be a WILD time!