- Board & Staff
- Newsletter Archive
- Whitefish Range Partnership Archive
- Kootenai National Forest Planning
- Our Comments on Public Issues
- Roland Cheek Writes!
- Dr. John L. Weaver "Wildlife Connectivity in the Crown"
- Resources & Links
- Media & Miscellaneous Archives
- Legislation and Government Action
- Photo Archive
- Jack Potter Award
You are here
Would You Sign a Post Card for this Man?
Headwaters Montana Meets Summer Goal at Logan Pass Over 3000 New Supporters of Completing Waterton-Glacier Peace Park
At 8:30, I'd walk slowly back to the Visitor Center and set up the outreach table.
I set up a water bowl for thirsty dogs. I found it big draw for people to show their dogs but almost all dogs turned their noses up at a strange water bowl!
- Rule # 1: Never pre-judge who may give you support.
- Rule #2: Tell people what you want from them. "I am asking that you fill out a post card in support."
Families are great. Many parents used the table as a learning experience for their children. They help them fill out their own card, check their spelling, and make sure their child knows their address. Families are great.
Many people visiting Glacier come from distant countries where tabling is unfamiliar. Many people think you are trying to sell something! People from non-English speaking counties break up the routine and make you think!
Here's a list of the 24 countries that some of our new supporters hail from:
Peace and Kindness,